To make your existing domain name work with our hosting, you need to have your domain name servers pointed to our Server. Below are instructions on how to change your name servers with 123-Reg. If you need assistance, you can contact our Support.
Note: Changing your name servers does not transfer your domain registration. You will need to keep your domain current with your current registrar.
IMPORTANT EMAIL NOTE:
If you have domain-based email (i.e. email@example.com), please send your email provider's MX records to our Support Team BEFORE you change your name servers (the next step). If you change your name servers before we have your email's MX records set up on our servers, your email will go down. Your email will be restored within 2-24 hours after your MX records have been added to our servers.
1. Log into your 123-Reg Control Panel
2. In the Domain Names section, select the domain name you wish to modify from the drop-down menu, then click on Manage.
• If your domain name is locked you will need to click on Unlock to make it available for changes. Select the Manage Domain Locking option and click on the Unlock Domain link. Once you have unlocked it (or if it is already unlocked), click on Back to Control Panel.
3. Click on Change Nameservers. In the relevant boxes, enter the following nameservers:
Nameserver 1: ns1.e2bdigital.net
Nameserver 2: ns2.e2bdigital.net
4. Click on Change Nameservers to save the information you entered. Wait for the message on the screen indicating the name servers were successfully changed.
5. Click on Back to Control Panel.
You should relock your domain name in order to prevent unauthorized changes. Simply click on Manage Domain Locking, then click on the Lock Domain button.
- Note: If you receive a message indicating the name server change was not successful, the message will tell you why. The most common reason is a locked domain. You can return to the Control Panel and follow the steps above to unlock it.
After you update your name servers it may take up to 24-48 hours for your new website to be active.
Important: You must change your domain's name servers in order for your domain name to be active with our Server. Name server changes take 24-48 hours to propagate.
If you need assistance with this or any aspect of your account, you can reach our Support team.